Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No Soliciting

Would anyone else be interested in getting NO SOLICITING signs for the front of our neighborhood. Being a teacher and home in the summer, it seems like every week someone is ringing the door trying to sell something. Last year, the Kirby vaccum people pushed there way in and were here at my house for close to three hours! Now, I don't mind the neighbor kids selling fundraisers, that I will support; but its the people who drive a van into the neighborhood and start going door to door.

What does everyone else think?

4 comments:

  1. We probably need to check to see if there is an ordinace in the county with regards to solicitation. I believe Jefferson Ridge posted no solicitation signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that would be a good idea. You never know if these clowns are actually selling anything or just casing your place for future criminal activities.

    As much as I hate the delays in which this man operates, I think that Schmucker needs to add anything new to the entrances. They are HOA property and the HOA needs to approve anything posted there. Since he is still in charge...

    By the way, don't be afraid to call the police if someone invades your house. It is your property. I would be extremely irate if a salesman pushed his way into my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be in favor of a "no solicitation sign." I actually had someone coming to sell magazines yesterday that was rather "pushy." I told him I didn't have any money to purchase magazines and he let me know he could wait while I ran to the bank?? Asked if he could have some water, use my bathroom, et cetera. Hated to be rude, but was not comfortable with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all for the "No Solitation" sign. I had that same pushy guy at my house yesterday, too. I told him no several times before he finally left. Then I had a talk with my 11 yr old about not letting ANYONE(even salesmen) into our home. I had someone a couple of weeks ago ask to come in and demonstrate a cleaner in my bathroom. My kids all know about stranger danger, but sometimes I think when someone comes to your door selling something, they can let their guard down.

    ReplyDelete